17 June 2010

Oh, yeah, and a tree fell on my house ....


This happened back in May -- it's all turned into firewood now (and a lot of brush for my next bonfire -- YOU'RE INVITED!). Didn't hurt the roof (primarily because the roof is already in pretty rough shape ...).

I cut up all of the parts that were on the house (and car) all by myself!!!!! Good friend Johnny helped with the main trunk part, plus he dropped the next box elder in the row, which as you can see in the pic, was just WAITING to fall on the house next.

Look how cute my garden shed is now that the tree is out of the line of sight! A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!

Oh, yeah, you might be wondering why my car was parked in the drive rather than in my spanky swanky new garage?? Well, I had been out and planned to go out again later so just parked in the driveway. Despite the fact that there was a branch larger than my calves (yes, Carole, those are LARGE!) jammed into the ground less than 2' in front of my car, there was virtually no damage to the car at all. I lead such a wonderful charmed life!!!

1 comment:

caterry1 said...

Wow! I'm impressed! I will know who to call when the trees at my house start falling.